Cree Language Lessons
These lessons come from:
"A Cree Phrase Book"
Department of Native Studies
Used here with permission.
The phrase book is a compilation of materials from the course
"Introduction to the Cree Language" developed in the IMPACTE programme
at Brandon University and first taught in the winter of 1972.
The text is based on the dialects of Manitoba.
The text contains 48 lessons in all. The conversion of the lessons into
format for use on the web is still in progress. The lessons that have been
completed so far are presented here.
- 1: Greetings and Polite Formulas
- 2: Numbers One Through Ten
- 3: Comments on the Weather
- 4: Further Comments on the Weather: Past, Present and Future
- 5: Affirmative and Negative
- 6: Some useful commands
- 7: Let's
- 8: What is this or that?, Who is this or that?
- 9: What are these or those? Who are these or those people?
- 10: A few ailments and discomforts
- 11: At home and away
- 12: Departure and arrival
- 13: What's your name?
- 14: What did you say?
- 15: What are you doing?
- 18: Where?, here, and there
- 19: At, in, and on
- 20: Where are you going? Where are you coming from?
- 25: What do you see? What does he see?
- 26: See, hear him/her
- 27: He/She sees, hears him/her
- 29: Look at, listen to
- 33: Animals
- 35: My, your, his, her
- 36: Body parts
Copyright ©1996-1999 Grant Neufeld. All rights reserved.